A Camping Experience for Stroke Survivors & Their Caregivers
>>> Online Support
Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp is providing links to the following resources, but does not endorse any service or product.
This list of resources is compiled by Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp.
- American Stroke Association is solely focused on reducing disability and death from stroke.
- Annuity.org is a non profit educating people on annuities as well as provide information to watch for scams that may occur within the industry.
- Assistedliving.org This guide helps those searching for assisted living homes overcome the two main barriers: choosing a home and figuring out how to pay for it. In this guide, you will learn about the different types of assisted living homes, how to choose the right home for you, how to pay for that home, and state-specific resources to assist you in your search.
- ACLS.net Founded in 2010, ACLS Certification Institute is the largest online provider of emergency life support certification training. Thousands of healthcare professionals have successfully earned and maintained their certifications through our programs.
- Caregiver.com is a leading provider of information, support, and guidance for family and professional caregivers, it is "For About and By Caregivers". The website includes topic specific newsletters, online discussion lists, back issue articles of Today's Caregiver magazine, chat rooms, and an online store.
- Caregiver Action Network is a resource for caregivers of all types
- Caregiverstress.com is full of caregiving tips, assessments, and also provides caregiver solutions through their Home Instead Senior Care services.
- Caregiving.org is a website by the National Alliance for Caregiving, a nonprofit coalition of national organizations focusing on issues of family caregiving.
- Carepartnersresource.com is run by a Stroke Camp volunteer who has attended camp for five years, and who was a long time caregiver for her mother, a stroke survivor, and her father. She is a certified Journal to the Self instructor and offers both online and in person journaling classes for caregivers.
- Consumersafety.org We provide consumers with the information to lead safe, healthy, and happy lives.
- Healthycaregiver.com The Healthy Caregiver Community Foundation is dedicated to building better communities.
- HSPeoria Resources specifically for people living in the Peoria, IL area. Health and Services of Peoria is the recognized online resource directory for Peoria and the surrounding communities.
- Marc Whitehead & Associates Guide to disability claims
- Mattressadvisor.com Easy access to a good night's sleep is a right everyone should have. Learn how to modify a bedroom to be disability-friendly at Mattress Advisor.
- National Aphasia Association The National Aphasia Association (NAA) is a nonprofit organization that promotes public education, research, rehabilitation, and support services to assist people with aphasia and their families.
- National Stroke Association offers in-depth information including stroke symptoms and prevention, as well as recovery and caregiver support. Visit the website to sign up for Stroke Smart Magazine. Click HERE to find a stroke support group near you.
- Social Security Benefits Guide. This guide will explain how Social Security disability benefits work while helping you determine whether your disability, illness, or chronic condition is enough to qualify. We'll walk you through each step of the process, and tell you what to expect during each stage of your Social Security disability application. Meanwhile, our disability benefits calculator will help you get an estimate of how much you might collect from Social Security disability or SSI if your case is approved.
- Stroke Association of Florida has a wealth of information, primarily educational, with an entire database of resources (mainly for Florida residents).
- Stroke Support Group with Flint Rehab Surround yourself with others on the same mission as you.
- Stroke Survivors Empowering Each Other provides an active voice for Illinois stroke survivors and the people in their lives.
- The Stroke Network provides online stroke support and information to survivors and caregivers.
- Stroke Wise Blog a blog created by a stroke survivor with information on all topics related to stroke and additional online resources.
- Strokes Suck this website is created by a stroke survivor and aims to give survivors and caregivers a place to connect and be heard, help survivors and caregivers find needed resources, and inspire others to be encouraged and to share the same.