A Camping Experience for Stroke Survivors & Their Caregivers
- Started with one weekend retreat in 2004
- Stroke Survivors and Caregivers had a life changing experience
- Campers traveled great distances to participate in camp
- Non-profit was created to allow expansion in 2007
- Expansion allowed Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp to go "to the people"
- Survivors and Caregivers wanted to educate the public about stroke
- Fifth Grade Education and Strike Out Stroke™ events were born in 2009
- Strike Out Stroke™ expanded to include major and minor league baseball games
- Stroke Survivor and Caregiver tone chimes groups formed as a community to entertain and educate the public about stroke and give back to the community
- Since the beginning, we have completed over 265 separate retreat weekends in 24 states across the country.
- Camp listings are available here