IMAGINE . . .
- You (or a loved one) have suffered a stroke. . .
- You survived immediate Emergency care. . .
- Your acute care and extensive rehabilitation has ended. . .
- You try to reclaim a vital and meaningful lifestyle while enduring the daily restrictions of a stroke . . . AND . . .
- You have no continued support!
Nearly 250,000 new stroke survivors and caregivers face these challenges every year
NOW . . . IMAGINE . . .
...that you can escape for a three (3) or four (4) day weekend of new friendships and opportunities, while enjoying the benefits of relaxation, continued education, socialization and ongoing support.
Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp provides opportunities to:
- meet other stroke survivors and their caregivers
- relax and enjoy the outdoors
- participate in various activities, read a good book. take a nap or a quiet stroll in the woods; the choices are endless
- indulge in pampering (may include manicures, pedicures, massages, etc.)
- have healthy meals, prepared for you onsite
- take part in craft projects (painting, soap making, jewelry, etc.)
- join others in games (including Wii), movies, fishing, boating, hiking, and much more
What we have found:
- Direct support to survivors and caregiver
- Educational opportunities
- Better public understanding
- Renewed hope and motivation
- Opportunity for survivors to help other survivors
- Increased community support for survivors, caregivers, and family members.
Retreat and Refresh Stroke Camp is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization